“I may been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor’. I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls- walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can i get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first.”  
Image result for karl g maeser


Maeser discusses his Word of HOnor in this quote. What he means by honor is, holding on to the truth. Abiding to his own rules and being able to stick with them. Word of honor is similar to holding on to a promise. If you say you are going to do something, you have to do it. Saying something has to have a meaning behind it.  A person cannot be superficial and say something they do not mean. It makes them lose honor and trust. Both of which are two great attributes to have. A promise is an important part in a relationship, it shows that a relationship has evolved. But by not keeping

Comments

Popular posts from this blog